High Availability and Virtualization for SMBs
High Availability and Virtualization for SMBs
Collax V-Cube+ is an integrated solution for virtualization and high availability that has been developed specifically for the needs of SMEs.
Collax V-Cube+ allows you to combine two Collax V-Cubes into one composite. For better load distribution, the virtual machines (VMs) are distributed to the cluster nodes automatically or on demand. If a server hardware should show problems, the virtual machines are seamlessly moved from one node to the other.
No external SAN required
In addition, Collax V-Cube+ has a fail-safe, integrated storage solution (Embedded SAN) that connects the hard disks of the cluster nodes and thus guarantees that all data is available synchronously on all data carriers.
Data sheet: Collax V-Cube+ 288 kB
Reliability and high availability
The Collax V-Cube+ combines two Collax V-Cubes into one composite. This combination is called a cluster. Thus, all VMs are designed for high availability. Should one server fail, the virtual machines are automatically started on the functioning server. This process goes almost unnoticed by the user. Despite server failure, the user can continue to work.
Intuitive administration - also available remotely
The Collax V-Cube+ is managed via a browser-based, intuitive administration interface. With just a few mouse clicks, you can: set up new applications; remove virtual machines; manage shared storages; back up and restore individual data or entire systems.
Minimum costs, maximum flexibility
The Collax V-Cube+ uses the modern hypervisor KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) as virtualization technology. This allows you to benefit from all the advantages of virtualization.
Redundant Cluster Manager
Administrators centrally control all VMs in the cluster via the browser-based user interface. The administration interface is already redundantly integrated into the cluster.
In addition to the proven Collax Fencing technology, the cluster constantly monitors the hardware and reacts to foreseeable component failures. In such a case, Collax Proactive HA ensures that a node is evacuated as a precaution. All VMs are gently removed from the danger zone by live migration.
Collax V-Cube+ connects the hard disks of the existing nodes with each other. This technology is called Embedded SAN. This turns them into a common, redundant storage system. An external, cost-intensive SAN is no longer necessary.
Backup und Restore
All VMs in the cluster can be included in a unified backup. Additional functions, such as instant VM or V-Recovery, are already integrated into this solution. For maximum security and additional backup features, we recommend Acronis Backup Advanced for Collax Virtualization. See the Extensions tab for more information.
Virtual machine snapshots allow you to return to a specific point in time when the VM is running.
Live migration allows you to move a server from one node in the cluster to another while it is running. This ensures that the server can continue to perform all tasks and functions without interruption.
Screen console via RDP
The screen console of VMs is also exported via Remote Desktop Protocol. The user can access a cluster node as RDP server via the RDP client used in Windows™ and thus obtain the list of accessible virtual machines.
Data sheet: Collax V-Cube+ 288 kB Data sheet: Collax Fencing Device 322 kB
- Minimization of total cost of ownership
- High availability of any operating system
- Highly available storage
- Highly available cluster manager
- Integrated Backup & Restore
- Maximum access speed
- Intuitive Administration
- Simple licensing system
Update Collax V-Bien 6.9.12 and Collax V-Cube, V-Cube+ 6.9.12
Security-Update, UEFI-Support for Windows-Update
Update Collax V-Bien 6.9.10 and Collax V-Cube, V-Cube+ 6.9.10
New hardware, security, Windows Server 2022
Critical vulnerability in Java library Log4j
We are not affected by it!
Update Collax V-Bien 6.9.8 and Collax V-Cube, V-Cube+ 6.9.8
Optimizations for Virtual Machines
Download 30-day test license
To get a 30-day test license for this product, please complete the form below. After a short while, the license will be sent to the e-mail you specified.
Invalid email address
Download a free one-year license
For private or commercial use
To get a one-year license for the private or commercial use of this product, please complete the form below. If you want to use the license commercially, be sure to specify the name and e-mail address of your company.
A maximum of one free license may be operated simultaneously by a legal or natural person. Pure evaluation and test installations are exempted from this rule.
Upon submission of the form, the download of your ISO file will start automatically. After a short while, the license will be sent to the e-mail you specified.
Invalid email address
We want to inspire companies.
We would like to introduce some successful companies and their IT solutions to you here.
- Compatibility list 221 kB
- data sheets Collax V-Cube+ 288 kB
- Best Practice - UPS for Clusters 780 kB
- Collax V-Cube+ Fencing How-To 86 kB
- Collax V-Cube+ Embedded SAN How-To 291 kB
- Physical To Virtual Migration How-To 1002 kB
- Collax Virtualization Backup and Restore 471 kB
- Collax USB Installation Medium How-To 35 kB
- Collax V-Cube+ Introduction and manual 814 kB
- Collax V-Server Product Comparison 89 kB
- Redundant fencing with APC Stonith strips 546 kB
- V-Cube 6.8 Administration manual 4771 kB
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.9.12
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.9.10
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.9.8
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.9.6
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.9.4
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.9.2
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.9.0
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.8.24
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.8.22
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.8.20
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.8.18
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.8.16
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.8.14
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.8.12
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.8.10
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.8.8
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.8.6
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.8.4
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.8.2
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.8.0
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.1.12
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.1.10
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.1.8
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.1.6
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.1.4
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.1.2
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.1.0
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.0.10
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.0.8
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.0.6
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.0.4
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.0.2
- Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.0.0
Inexpensive & Individual
Are you interested in our products because they cover your individual requirements? Collax can provide you with further individual advice and a suitable offer. Please contact us.
Find a Collax Partner
With Collax Central you always have an overview of all Collax servers. This makes administration much easier. Thanks to active system monitoring, Collax Central points out problems at an early stage and offers an effective tool for efficient and fast administration. This is where all the information comes together. This allows problems in a large server landscape to be identified at a glance. Sporadic and regular maintenance tasks are completed quickly.
Always everything in view
The compact overview provides immediate access to all important information on hardware utilization, updates and license terms. Many more detailed information can be displayed with a single click. If maintenance work is due or a problem is detected, a further click is sufficient to perform the administration task.
Hierarchy and structure make the difference
All servers can be sorted into a freely configurable, hierarchical structure. The administrator can create his individual dashboard according to his requirements. Thus he has all information available quickly and clearly. The flexible search function as well as a multitude of filters complete the range of functions.
The Collax V-Transfer module gives administrators more flexibility in handling VMs and increases scalability when Collax V-Bien, Collax V-Cube and Collax V-Cube+ interact. This is because Collax Transfer provides functions for transferring VMs between the products as required.
Simple and safe operation
With just a few mouse clicks, it is possible to transfer a VM directly between two Collax V-Servers or to change the storage type and other properties before the transfer. Before the transfer starts, a detailed check is performed to determine whether the VM can be operated on the opposite side. Actions that affect the smooth transfer and errors during the transfer are prevented respectively intercepted.
Optimal interaction: Collax V-Transfer and Collax Central
Together with Collax Central, the operation of Collax virtualization solutions is significantly enhanced. A transfer can be initiated conveniently via the dashboard.
- Higher scalability
- More flexibility
- VM transfer between all Collax V products
- Convenient operation via Collax Central
Acronis Cyber Protect - Backup Advanced for Collax Virtualization
Based on Acronis technology, the solution uses efficient disk imaging to provide the industry’s fastest backups and most flexible and reliable recovery options.
Backup can be so fast and easy. Individual files, applications or entire virtual machines can be restored in no time at all - all from one backup. Acronis Cyber Protect - Backup Advanced for Collax Virtualization can restore your data to its original location or to a completely new location.
- Restoring a Server as a Virtual Machine (VM)
- Backup directly to tape
- Server migration
- Disaster Recovery
- Efficient incremental backups
- Central administration and reporting
- The world's leading backup solution
- Multiple awards
- Seamless integration into all Collax V-Servers
- Simple administration - also available remotely
- Transparent cost structure - One license per node (regardless of the number of virtual machines)
- Single Point of Contact: Support about Collax