Release Notes V-Cube & V-Cube+ 6.1.10
Collax V-Cube / Collax V-Cube+
Install Update within Cluster
Please read the following release notes carefully, before continuing. When installing this update on a Collax V-Cube+ cluster the following steps have to be performed:
Note: If starting the update from 6.1.8 to 6.1.10 no down time of the running virtual machines or applications is required.
- If the nodes have the version 6.1.8 or prior: Please read the appropriate notes for that release including the documented procedure first.
- The software packages can be downloaded whithin a running Cluster to prepare the update and minimize the planned downtime. Go to the local administration of each node and access the form System Operation → Software → Systemupdate. Then click Get Package List. This will download the list of available update packages. The successful update of the package list is indicated by the message Done!. Click Get Packages. If the packages are downloaded successfully then the message Done! will be displayed.
- Put one node into standby mode. Go to Status/Maintenance → Cluster Nodes and execute the action Standby. Please wait until the cluster resources are stopped or the VMs are migrated.
- Now, put this node into maintenance mode. Go to the dialog Status/Maintenance → Cluster Services and stop the service HA Cluster for this node.
- Click Install within the dialog Systembetrieb → Software → Systemupdate to install all update packages. The end of this process is indicated by the message Done!.
- If a new kernel is going to be installed the system will be rebooted automatically after installing the update. An appropriate note will be shown. Please wait for the reboot in that case.
- Start the service HA Cluster on the node that has been updated. Please wait until the service ist started and information about Cluster Resources are available before you proceed with the next step.
- Once the service HA Cluster has been started resume the node by using the action Set active within the dialog Status/maintenance → Cluster Nodes .
- Afterwards check the status of the eSAN-disk synchronization in the form Cluster Administration → Virtual Hard Disks. Do not continue with the next step until the column Status shows 100% or OK for all eSAN disks.
- Please repeat this procedure from step 2 on the next node that needs to be updated.
Install Update on a Collax V-Cube
To install this update on a Collax V-Cube without a Cluster interconnection please follow these steps:
- Please read this document before proceeding to the next step.
- In the administration interface go to System → System Operation → Software → System Update and then click Get Package List. This will then download the listed update packages. The successful update of the package list is indicated by the message “Done!”.
- Click Get Packages to download the software packages.
- Click Install. This action installs the update. The end of this process is indicated by the message Done!.
- A new kernel is going to be installed. The system will be rebooted automatically after installing the update. An appropriate note will be shown once the update process is completed.
- If the server is updated and booted the virtual machines can be started again.
Issues Fixed in this Version
Virtualization: Installation of Collax VM templates do not contain Data Partition
The wizard for creating virtual machines enables the installation of Collax server templates. This update fixes the installation progress where no data partition was created.
GUI: Errorneous Web GUI Elements when using Firefox 29
With the next version of the Firefox browser (version 29) the elements of the web administration GUI of Collax servers are going to be errorneous and the administration of Collax servers won’t be possible in an appropriate way. With this update a patch for the administration GUI is going to be implemented which considers the changes included in the Firefox Gecko 29 engine. Collax recommends to install this Collax update to ensure the administration of Collax Servers using the Firefox browser latest until the release of Firefox 29. Click here for Firefox 29 Release Date . Alternatively Firefox 24.4.0esr can be used for the administration.
Virtualization: Number of CPU Sockets for VMs with Windows Server 2012/Windows 8 and 2012R2/8.1
The number of cpu sockets for virtual machines with the operating system Windows Server 2012/Windows 8 and 2012R2/8.1 must be set to one. Otherwise the installation will stop with a blue screen. The number of CPU cores may be set higher than one.
Misc: Windows Setup notes Error Message 0x80300001
If Windows Server 2008 R2 and above is to be installed on Virtio hard disks using the Virtio driver CD for Windows, Windows reports the error code 0x80300001. The error message occurs if the partitions are recognized and the user clicks the button Next. The message means, that the installation CD of Windows needs to be inserted again.