Release Notes V-Bien 6.5.6
Please read the following release notes carefully, before continuing. When installing this update on a Collax V-Bien cluster the following steps have to be performed:
/ Important information
Please have a look at the Collax V-Bien 6.5.28 Release Notes if the nodes have Version 6.5.26 or above and haven’t been updated yet. For this update, it is necessary that both nodes are set in maintenance mode simultaneously.
- Click at High Availability within the Dashboard.
- Select the other (not the local) and change into the Start Maintenance dialog.
- Now, put this other node into maintenance mode by confirming the query in the dialog. Wait until the maintenance mode is reached. Depending on the number of virtual machines and hard disk, this can take some time. Virtual machines will be migrated live, which can take a few minutes depending on the size of the RAM. The progress will be displayed in the list of background activities.
- Close the dialog.
- In the list of nodes, select again the other node whose software is to be updated by right-clicking it.
- Change to System Update ….
- Click Check for Updates. The completion will be displayed as “100%”.
- Click Download and Install. This function will download the latest software packages from the update server and install them. The completion will be displayed as Install - 100%.
- Close the dialog and set the node to active.
- Please repeat this procedure for the local node.
Update from Version 6.5.0 with Browser Firefox Version 30
If processing an update form 6.5.0 the browser Firefox version 30 can display the messageError: Network Timeout. The update process will continue in the background and can be followed via the job notification.
New in this Version
Virtual Network Switches
The virtual network switches are used for mapping and virtualizing the network environment. A standard switch that already provides the Ethernet connection is automatically predefined. Moreover, access is provided to the virtual machines managed in the cluster. The further configuration of virtual switches allows implementation of the following requirements: - Equip virtual machines with multiple network interfaces - Connect virtual networks to physical Ethernet network - Increase throughput of virtual networks - Increase failsafety of virtual networks - Generate DMZ with multiple switches
Collax V-Bien Pro
Collax V-Bien is an integrated package for virtualization and high availability. With this update the technical framework for Collax V-Bien Pro will be released. From now on whe carefree package for virtualization and high availability can be used with more than 64 GB RAM and more than one server CPU. A registered V-Bien Pro license will be visible as such in the administration interface. V-Bien and V-Bien Pro have no functional differences.
Changes in the administration interface
Within this update there are some minor changes in the look and feel and minor color corrections of the administration interfaces.
Active monitoring of removed hardware
The server performs a system check of the components when beeing booted. If a formerly used ethernet- or pci-device is going to be removed, a notification will be sent.
Linux Kernel 3.10.64
This update installs Linux kernel 3.10.64.
Important System Components
With this update improvements for the cluster share and the underlying filesystem will be installed.
Issues Fixed in this Version
Maintenance Mode and management of virtual machines
If a cluster node was in maintenance mode and an action on a virtual machine was performed trough the administration interface of this node, the action failed. A reboot for example was not possible. With the new release, there will be a notification to switch to the other node and perform the action there.
Glibc - Ghost
In the source code of the Standard-C-Library Glibc security holes have been discovered. This hole will be closed within this Collax software update.
Assigned Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) number:
V-Cube+: Windows Setup notes Error Message 0x80300001
If Windows Server 2008 R2 and above is to be installed on Virtio hard disks using the Virtio driver CD for Windows, Windows reports the error code 0x80300001. The error message occurs if the partitions are recognized and the user clicks the button Next. The message means, that the installation CD of Windows needs to be inserted again.