Release Notes V-Bien 6.5.12
Please read the following release notes carefully, before continuing. When installing this update on a Collax V-Bien cluster the following steps have to be performed:
/ Important information
Please have a look at the Collax V-Bien 6.5.28 Release Notes if the nodes have Version 6.5.26 or above and haven’t been updated yet. For this update, it is necessary that both nodes are set in maintenance mode simultaneously.
- Click at High Availability within the Dashboard.
- Select the other (not the local) and change into the Start Maintenance dialog.
- Now, put this other node into maintenance mode by confirming the query in the dialog. Wait until the maintenance mode is reached. Depending on the number of virtual machines and hard disk, this can take some time. Virtual machines will be migrated live, which can take a few minutes depending on the size of the RAM. The progress will be displayed in the list of background activities.
- Close the dialog.
- In the list of nodes, select again the other node whose software is to be updated by right-clicking it.
- Change to System Update ….
- Click Check for Updates. The completion will be displayed as “100%”.
- Click Download and Install. This function will download the latest software packages from the update server and install them. The completion will be displayed as Install - 100%.
- Close the dialog and set the node to active.
- Please repeat this procedure for the local node.
New in this Version
Support for UPS Devices
With this update support for UPS Devices is implemented. If the connected circuit fails the virtual machines and finally the cluster nodes are shut down properly. A list of supported devices can be found in the Collax HWCL.
Accelerated migration of virtual machines
This update installs a newer version of management tools for managing virtual machine (libvirt). The version accelerates the migration of virtual machines.
Support for operating systems Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016
With this update the wizard for virtual machines adds support for the operating systems Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016.
With this update the screen resolution of the screen console of virtual machines adds support for 2560x1600x32Bit
Extended settings for Backup targets
With this update additional options for backup targets can be applied.
Warn about offline node
A new runtime method is implemented and informs the administrator. The method recognizes when there is a node which isn’t powered on or cannot be reached or cannot be seen somehow.
New virtual BIOS and Windows Virtio Driver for virtual Machines
The BIOS for the virtual machines (SeaBIOS 1.8.2) and the Virtio drivers for Windows will be renewed with this update. To receive optimum performance and stability, use the new Virtio hard disk drivers and network drivers.
Control + Alt + Delete
This update suppresses the shortcut combination ctrl+alt+del.
Linux Kernel 3.12.58
This update installs Linux kernel 3.12.58.
Important System Components
The following important system components will be installed with this update.
- GNU C-Bibliothek libc6 2.18
- Programmbibliothek zur Verwaltung virtueller Maschinen libvirt 1.3.2
- Hypervisor QEMU 2.4.1
- SeaBIOS 1.8.2
Issues Fixed in this Version
Internet Domain Name Server Bind
In the source code of the Internet Domain Name Server security holes have been discovered. These holes will be closed within this software update to Bind version 9.9.8-P3
Assigned Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) numbers:
CVE-2015-8704 CVE-2015-3193 CVE-2015-8000 CVE-2015-8461 CVE-2015-5722 CVE-2015-5986
OpenSSL - DROWN-Attack
In the source code of the cryptography toolkit OpenSSL security holes have been discovered. These holes will be closed within this Collax software update. See here . Also SSLv2 is beeing deativated.
Remote Login Program OpenSSH
In the source code of OpenSSH security holes have been discovered. These holes will be closed within this software update to OpenSSH 7.1p2
V-Cube+: Windows Setup notes Error Message 0x80300001
If Windows Server 2008 R2 and above is to be installed on Virtio hard disks using the Virtio driver CD for Windows, Windows reports the error code 0x80300001. The error message occurs if the partitions are recognized and the user clicks the button Next. The message means, that the installation CD of Windows needs to be inserted again.