Release Notes V-Bien 6.5.10
Please read the following release notes carefully, before continuing. When installing this update on a Collax V-Bien cluster the following steps have to be performed:
/ Important information
Please have a look at the Collax V-Bien 6.5.28 Release Notes if the nodes have Version 6.5.26 or above and haven’t been updated yet. For this update, it is necessary that both nodes are set in maintenance mode simultaneously.
- Click at High Availability within the Dashboard.
- Select the other (not the local) and change into the Start Maintenance dialog.
- Now, put this other node into maintenance mode by confirming the query in the dialog. Wait until the maintenance mode is reached. Depending on the number of virtual machines and hard disk, this can take some time. Virtual machines will be migrated live, which can take a few minutes depending on the size of the RAM. The progress will be displayed in the list of background activities.
- Close the dialog.
- In the list of nodes, select again the other node whose software is to be updated by right-clicking it.
- Change to System Update ….
- Click Check for Updates. The completion will be displayed as “100%”.
- Click Download and Install. This function will download the latest software packages from the update server and install them. The completion will be displayed as Install - 100%.
- Close the dialog and set the node to active.
- Please repeat this procedure for the local node.
Update from Version 6.5.0 with Browser Firefox Version 30
If processing an update form 6.5.0 the browser Firefox version 30 can display the messageError: Network Timeout. The update process will continue in the background and can be followed via the job notification.
New in this Version
Increasing security when using backup
During the backup process Collax V-Bien is temporarily using the snapshotting technology known from the V-Cube family of products. This update integrates a background process, which continuously monitors the remaining capacity against a calculated threshold, verifying enough free space is available to commit the snapshots. A warning is issued once there is only a 10 GB buffer to the critical limit. Should it be reached the affected VM is paused and another warning is issued.
Active monitoring of ethernet connection to the Localnet
The virtual network switches are used for mapping and virtualizing the network environment. The ethernet connection to the Localnet is going to be monitored within this update. If a physical ethernet connection is broken, because the cable of the device is not connected, a notification will be sent.
Switch Off Paused VM
A virtual machine can be paused in which the use of resources is low. Until now the switch off of virtual machine was prevented. Within this release the virtual maschine can be switched off immediately. Note: Any data in the virtual memory may be lost.
The modern configuration GUI has been clearly arranged now. The table look-up and sorting have been optimized. The layout and color scheme have been modified.
Additional hardware support
This update brings support for additional 10 gigabit network interface cards based on the Intel ixgbe driver v4.1.2 for the Intel Xeon-D platform. To install the server you have to change into text-only-mode.
V-Cube+: Windows Setup notes Error Message 0x80300001
If Windows Server 2008 R2 and above is to be installed on Virtio hard disks using the Virtio driver CD for Windows, Windows reports the error code 0x80300001. The error message occurs if the partitions are recognized and the user clicks the button Next. The message means, that the installation CD of Windows needs to be inserted again.