Release Notes CGS 5.5.4
Collax Groupware Suite
To install this update please follow the following steps:
- It is highly recommended to backup of all server data with the Collax backup system before proceeding. Check that the backup was successful before proceeding with the update (this can be done within the backup information email).
- In the administration interface go to System → System Operation → Software → System Update and press Get Package List. This will download the listed update packages. If successful the message Done! will be displayed on the screen.
- Click Get Packages to download the update packages.
- Click Install. This installs the update. The end of this process is indicated by the message Done!.
- A new kernel will now be installed. The system will reboot automatically after installing the update. An appropriate note will be shown if the update process is completed.
New in this Version
Zarafa Groupware: Zarafa Collaboration Platform 7.1.1
With this update the version 7.1.1 of the Zarafa Collaboration Platform is released. The focus of the release in the primary support phase is on stability and security and compatibility with evolving 3rd party software clients and browsers. Please find more details here:
System Management: Lock of Zarafa Brick Level and MySQL Backup
With this update a locking mechanism is implemented which prevents zarafa-backup and bacula backup of the zarafa database from being run simultaniously.
Hardware: Extended Support of UPS (USB) with blazer_usb and bcmxcp
This update installs the drivers blazer_usb und bcmxcp for UPS with USB-Connection. A list of supported devices can be found in the Collax HWCL or on the site www.networkupstools.org .
Misc: Core-File Directory
In particular cases it is mandatory to analyse system processes in detail. These core files are written in to the systems directory /var/tmp from this version on.
Issues Fixed in this Version
Zarafa Groupware: Zarafa Resources do not show a Description within Permissions
If Zarafa Resources were defined the description unknown message was displayed within the permissions for groups. Granting group permissions for this ressource was complicated subsequently. With this update the description of Zarafa ressources contains Zarafa-Resource and the name of the resspource to fix this issue.
Collax E-Mail Archive: Search doesn’t work if Email Aliases contains Capital Letters
If the email alias of an user was set up with capital lettes manually, in particular cases not all archived email had been shown within an archive search. The analysis of the aliases will be case insensitive from this update on, so all archived emails will shown as result in that specific case.
Authentication: LDAP Server does not Start after Reboot
In this update many improvements will be implemented for the integration of Active Directories. These improvements deal with email addresses, active monitoring of the AD proxy and clean up of imported AD objects when leaving an AD.
Security: Scripting Language PHP5 and PHP Libraries
In the source code of PHP5 security holes have been discovered. These holes will be closed within this software update to PHP 5.3.18.
Security: Internet Domain Name Server Bind
In the source code of the Internet Domain Name Server security holes have been discovered. These holes will be closed within this patch update for Bind version 9.6.
System Management: Nagios-Check Areca Raid Controller
With this update the monitoring of Areca raid controller is going to be improved.
Zarafa Groupware: Zarafa creates new Index
With this update the version 7.1.1 the search index of the Zarafa Collaboration Platform will be optimized. Depending on the size of the Zarafa search index the optimzation process will take a few minutes.